Brief Audio Introduction of Stress Management
Half the world suffers from stress. It is the cause of most diseases also. The doctors are slowly understanding the inseparable connection between mind and body. If one wants fulfilment, one must take very good care of body as well as mind. In a stressful mind, the body cannot remain healthy.
Stress is a combination of fatigue, hurry and worry. The fatigue can be due to physical exhaustion or it can be mental, arising due to a seemingly insurmountable problem – I-can’t-handle-it-anymore attitude. When one is stressed, hurry takes the form of ‘helplessly imagining forcing an outcome and seeing defeat in the end’. Worry also happens due to a strong desire to control a future happening and a hidden feeling in the background of the mind that it may not be possible to do so.
The very basic want of all beings is fulfilment and happiness. But, whenever one believes that one’s fulfilment and happiness come from external factors, one gets prone to the inevitable consequences, i.e., stress, worry, hurry, fatigue, sadness, anger etc. ‘That fulfilment and happiness reside in money or relationship or status’ is an absolutely wrong notion.
In reality, fulfilment is a state of the mind which believes that it does not reside anywhere else; it resides only in non-chasing and non-desiring.
WAYS TO DEAL
There are two ways to deal with this problem:
The Initial Preparation: Bring about life-style changes.These may include the following:
- Bringing about discipline in life through thoughtful time management – writing about the jobs of the day and how much time needs to be given to each one.
- Prioritizing between oneself – one’s happiness – on one hand and one’s job / relationship / possessions / status etc.
- Consciously bringing leisure in one’s life – pursuing one’s hobbies – and learning to spend on things that give relief. It may include travelling, music, games, movies, theatre, reading fiction and non-fiction, yoga, massage etc.
- Finding time to go out and help needy people. One must utilize one’s strengths for doing that. If one is good in teaching, this is what one can give to those who are in need of learning. If one has spare money, one should be doing charity thoughtfully.
- While facing problems, preparing oneself through pre-thinking and learning to differentiate between thinking and worrying. Learning to do strategic planning, instead of running round in circles of vagueness and confusion. Have a positive attitude even toward the failures. Try never to force an outcome. Just do your best.
- Learning to do pros-cons analysis in all situations, in the light of one’s clear goals – which means having clear goals, first of all. These things are much better done in black and white.
- Repeating this mantra ten times a day in the morning before stepping out of the bed – consciously and truthfully – ‘Even this will pass away’.
- Repeating this mantra ten times a day at night on going to bed – ‘Acceptance is the sweetest living’.
- Going into solitude for one day in two months. Just one Sunday in two months – no gossiping, no television, no chores, no responsibilities. If one cannot do even this much, it only means that one is not serious about oneself.
Z MEDITATION WAY
The Cure Way: Meditation and deep contemplation is the sure cure way. Cure is internal. For lasting and stable happiness, it involves a clear three point detachment program:
- Learning to detach from the mental formations which include all one’s feelings too.
- The next step is detachment from one’s wrong fulfilment equation.
- Detachment from one’s wrong conditionings, i.e., general beliefs.
When you are able to detach from your own mind-intellect equipment, you will be able to mould its formations at will. There will not remain any reason for you to fall into stress trap or any other such trap.
When your thinking deepens, you realize that the world consists of nothing but your mental formations and after having outgrown their grip, you are able to blissfully enjoy each and every moment of your life. Each and every situation, painful or pleasant, is just a passing happening for you. Your attention is fixed on what is happening in your mind and you see to it that you don’t fall into any mental deception again.
Z Meditation uses Deep Inquiry into the roots of the agitations in order to detach from them. It helps in realizing the state of freedom by giving up one’s involvement in wrong beliefs.
If you want to outgrow suffering, we can suggest a three point strategy:
- If the problem has really gone out of proportions now and you are not able to find any solution on your own, take the help of the meditation master. Ajay will meditate on your problem and try to give you a solution.
- Secondly, for a long term solution, you do Z Meditation Online Course. It is a two-week course that will surely help you understand yourself and your spouse much better. You will be able to detach from your agitating mind and get a very strong tool for mind work.
- If possible, join a silent Z Meditation Retreat either in India or in US – as early as you can. Be very clear about one thing – nothing is more important in life than your own happiness and freedom. You deserve happiness and freedom. You can get happiness and freedom – there may be some work involved to get that.
Take a deep breath. Close your eyes and think. Then decide decisively. Don’t remain in a limbo please. Decide and Act. Now is the time.
Please delay no more. Now is the time to decide and take strong steps to get back Life.