Code of conduct during the Meditation Retreat
All students are required to follow the following code of conduct for the smooth running of the reterats. Although, everything will be re-explained during the orientation before the retreat and silence begin, but you may still prepare yourself beforehand for this sublime inner journey.
- Silence at all times during the retreat days.
- This is not a course for the adventure seekers. Only those who have a sincere desire to learn meditation and integrate it with their lives can join.
- While doing meditation, it is recommended to sit with spine straight.
- While moving, see that the person sitting next to you does not get disturbed.
- No lying down or sleeping during meditation sessions.
- Do not wear strong perfumes or alarms.
- Remain in the meditation room until the teacher has left.
- For the Q/A sessions, write down the questions neatly and place them in the ‘Question’ box.
- Attend all classes as each class contributes to the next.
- Come at least five minutes before the meditation class begins.
Accommodation and Food
- Food is vegetarian and conducive to meditation.
- Do not waste food as it is blessed and is given to the needy afterwards.
- Do not bring any eatables and stick to our diet.
- For drinking and brushing your teeth, use water from the RO filter that is installed next to the dining hall.
- Do not waste water.
- You may do your laundry during the course period. However, if you want, you may get it done at a very nominal price from an external source.
- Use the dustbins – in the toilets also. Please do not throw toilet papers in the seats of the toilets.
- Every time you leave the toilet and the bathroom, see that it is clean.
- Keep your room tidy.
- Light, comfortable and non-provocative clothes.
- Do not use any intoxicants like cigarettes, alcohol and drugs etc. during the course period.
Extra helpful hints
- Ladies and Gents will be given separate accommodation.
- It is a silent course, but in case of emergency, knock on the kitchen door.
- For better concentration, the bladder should be empty and the bowels evacuated.
- For safety, always keep your valuables and documents with you.
- While leaving the room, see that it is properly locked. The Centre is not responsible for any mishap.
- One carrying the keys from the room may hang them on the hanger inside the Meditation Hall or Yoga Hall.
- Do not bang the doors.
- Particular care should be taken to switch off the lights and close the water taps before leaving the room.
- Do not lean against railing.
- Do not play music, sing or hum.
- Bring your own torch, umbrella, alarm clock and necessary articles of daily use. You should not leave the Centre during the course period.
- If you suffer from any disease, please intimate in advance.
- In case of indiscipline, you may be asked to leave the course.
- The fee needs to be paid in advance and it is non-refundable. We want to ensure that only the willing and sincere students join the retreats. We don’t want to spoil the group energy in any way. Also, the seats are limited.