Code of Conduct
Code of conduct during the Meditation Retreat
All students are required to follow the following code of conduct for the smooth running of the reterats. Although, everything will be re-explained during the orientation before the retreat and silence begin, but you may still prepare yourself beforehand for this sublime inner journey.
- Silence at all times during the retreat days.
- This is not a course for the adventure seekers. Only those who have a sincere desire to learn meditation and integrate it with their lives can join.
- While doing meditation, it is recommended to sit with spine straight.
- While moving, see that the person sitting next to you does not get disturbed.
- No lying down or sleeping during meditation sessions.
- Do not wear strong perfumes or alarms.
- Remain in the meditation room until the teacher has left.
- For the Q/A sessions, write down the questions neatly and place them in the 'Question' box.
- Attend all classes as each class contributes to the next.
- Come at least five minutes before the meditation class begins.
Accommodation and Food
- Food is vegetarian and conducive to meditation.
- Do not waste food as it is blessed and is given to the needy afterwards.
- Do not bring any eatables and stick to our diet.
- For drinking and brushing your teeth, use water from the RO filter that is installed next to the dining hall.
- Do not waste water.
- You may do your laundry during the course period. However, if you want, you may get it done at a very nominal price from an external source.
- Use the dustbins – in the toilets also. Please do not throw toilet papers in the seats of the toilets.
- Every time you leave the toilet and the bathroom, see that it is clean.
- Keep your room tidy.
- Light, comfortable and non-provocative clothes.
- Do not use any intoxicants like cigarettes, alcohol and drugs etc. during the course period.
Extra helpful hints
- Ladies and Gents will be given separate accommodation.
- It is a silent course, but in case of emergency, knock on the kitchen door.
- For better concentration, the bladder should be empty and the bowels evacuated.
- For safety, always keep your valuables and documents with you.
- While leaving the room, see that it is properly locked. The Centre is not responsible for any mishap.
- One carrying the keys from the room may hang them on the hanger inside the Meditation Hall or Yoga Hall.
- Do not bang the doors.
- Particular care should be taken to switch off the lights and close the water taps before leaving the room.
- Do not lean against railing.
- Do not play music, sing or hum.
- Bring your own torch, umbrella, alarm clock and necessary articles of daily use. You should not leave the Centre during the course period.
- If you suffer from any disease, please intimate in advance.
- In case of indiscipline, you may be asked to leave the course.
- The fee needs to be paid in advance and it is non-refundable. We want to ensure that only the willing and sincere students join the retreats. We don’t want to spoil the group energy in any way. Also, the seats are limited.