Meditation Retreats in India – Meditation Update
Before you go through the website, may I ask you to close your eyes for a while and ask yourself a few important questions:
Meditation in India teaches you the different ways of the practice, though it believes that the ultimate goal is common i.e. the rejuvenation of mind and body. The concept is similar to the saying that “There are several paths to God”. Having said that, one must not try to judge which path is better than the other, because one path may seem good for you but not so helpful for the other or vice versa. If you come for courses on meditation in India, you can get to learn each and every type of the practice and decide for yourself which one is suitable for you.
The various types of meditation or deconditioning are:
The word vipassana means to perceive things as they are. This is one of the oldest techniques of meditation in India. It has been in the country since the last 2500 years as a common remedy for all sicknesses.
This is the type of deconditioning that was propagated by Lord Buddha. It is not religion but a way of cultivating human values, which finally leads you to a life that is not just good for you but also for others around you.
This technique of meditation in India encompasses several types of techniques like insight, tranquility, concentration and mindfulness.
You can find the various methods of core deconditioning preserved in the Buddhist texts. These texts have got proliferated and broadened through years of transmissions between teacher and student. While the Buddhists use it for spiritual purposes, the non-Buddhists use it for their physical and mental well-being.
This form of meditation in India was propagated by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the year 1955. It is a deconditioning method that uses mantra or chants. Today, it is the most practiced and most researched deconditioning technique all over the world.
Courses of meditation in India teach you this form of practice through a seven-step process, asking you to sit in a comfortable position and chant for about 15 to 20 minutes twice per day.
Taoists believe in inner peace and consider deconditioning as one of the best ways to reach it. The Taoist technique of meditation in India involves profound physical and mental effects, which have been developed for over thousands of years.
A unique quality of this type of deconditioning is that, unlike other techniques which require you to sit and still, this type requires you to move in Tai Chi or Chi Gung.
While we see mind, body and breath separately, Zen deconditioning views them as a single reality. It believes that if you want to be enlightened by 10,000 things, you need to identify yourself with those 10,000 things. Meditation in India strongly recommends this form of deconditioning.
This form of deconditioning stands alone as it refers to the practice of meditation particularly in the Christian context. It is rooted in the holy book of Bible and is generally associated with scripture and prayer.
If you want to learn these techniques, there is no better place than Z Meditation in India.
Meditation Courses in India
Are you thinking of beginning with meditation but do not know much about the practice and how to begin with it? Well then, this article will tell you how to begin with the blissful practice. However, if you are really interested and want to learn the proper way of meditating, getting admitted in one of the meditation courses in India can be a very fruitful idea.
On attending such a course, you will understand that deconditioning today has pretty much become a common subject and like many other things that has lost its meaning after getting into the mainstream, deconditioning too has become somewhat distorted. Hence, it has given rise to a lot of misconceptions of which you can be cleared at any of the popular meditation courses in India.
The most common misconception about deconditioning is that it is complicated and is all about reflection. Meditation courses in India will teach you that deconditioning is not at all about reflecting. Its chief aim is mental transcendence and requirement of self concepts so that you can critically free your mind from all sorts of negative thoughts and analysis.
Another misconception is that you need to sit in a lotus position and chant for doing perfect deconditioning. These are not necessary, though helpful. Indian meditation courses ask you to forget everything you have seen or heard before and explore the process anew. Deconditioning is not at all difficult as you thought it to be. Instead, it is much simpler.
So what actually is deconditioning?
It is being short and simple. It is to exist in your purest form. Didn’t get it? Well, when you decondition, you surpass your ego, rising into a higher level of consciousness. Your daily tensions start having less impact on you. You, therefore, start living a more light and pleasurable life. This way, meditation courses in India helps you change your entire reality, helping you lead a more fruitful life.
How to start?
Firstly, find yourself a quite spot in your house where you won’t be bothered by your family, TV, dog or your mobile phone. To begin with, you should simply sit in a comfortable position and relax. You may sit on a chair, floor or on a bed. You may also support your neck and back with pillows. Try to calm your mind. This does not mean that you have to fight the thoughts hovering in your head. The meditation courses in India can teach you to successfully bring your thoughts under control. It instructs its students to let the thought pass by rather than fight them.
Be the watcher
This technique is appropriately taught by Indian meditation courses. It requires you to become non-reactive and unidentified to your thoughts. Try to have a clear mind and let your stress and tension pass. Meditation courses in India teach you to identify yourself with your consciousness. This enables you to know what you are thinking, watch them and let them go.
Take the practice further
Once you have cleared the above stages, you will find that when your practice is over and you open your eyes, you are a different person in the sense that you have a much clearer and rejuvenated mind.
Meditation courses at Z Meditation can be very helpful in getting started with your practice and rising further in it.
Meditation Centers in India
If you perform meditation or deconditioning regularly, you are probably looking forward to graduating to the next level of your practice. This article will inform you about the different ways in which you can ensure that. These methods have been propagated by the meditation centers in India; hence, you can be sure of their authenticity and effectiveness.
Here are the various ways in which you can meditate deeper:
– Be comfortable: Comfort is extremely necessary when it comes to meditating the right way and deeply. Wear something you feel comfortable in and sit in an easy position, either on the bed, chair or on the floor. You also do not need to sit with your legs crossed. Meditation centers in India maintain that you must make sure your feet touch the ground when you sit on a chair to meditate. You should also not be wearing shoes during the practice. If you are having backache, feel free to support your back with a pillow.
– Music: Music can be very soothing, helping you get a clear mind and focus better. Meditation centers in India often play soothing music during deconditioning sessions to help their participants relax and focus deeply.
– Prayer: Meditation centers in India ask you to sit upright, relax and then pray to God before you begin with the practice. However, if you are not someone who believes in God, you can seek counsel from your own higher self.
– Relax: You need to inhale until your body is tense and then exhale until you feel light and relaxed. Meditation centers in India say that doing so a few times relaxes your body of all the unconscious stress and tension. After this, you need to consciously relax all the parts of your body. Until and unless you are completely relaxed, you cannot do deep deconditioning.
– Breathe: Breath is something that is intimately connected with the mind. Meditation centers in India state that by controlling your breath, you can relax and calm your wandering mind. They instruct you to inhale for a count of 12 and then hold it for the same duration and then exhale it for the same number of counts. Consider this as one round and repeat for seven to nine rounds. Feel free to shorten or lengthen the number of counts as per your comfort level. What you need to keep in mind is that the duration of inhalation, retention and exhalation has to be the same.
– Focus on awareness: Try to focus your attention at the point between your eyebrows and dispel all other thoughts from your mind. Do not think about the past or the future as you cannot have control on them; instead, focus on your present. Meditation centers in India say that it is necessary to leave behind all your preoccupations for you to perform deep meditation.
– Concentrate on how you are feeling: Try to be receptive and increase and expand what you are experiencing. Suppose you are experiencing love, expand that very feeling, until you feeling like floating in the ocean of universal love.
Z Meditation, one of the most well-known meditation centers in India, can teach you the right ways to perform deeper deconditioning.
Meditation Retreats in India
Feeling sleepy while meditating or deconditioning is a common problem among beginners. This happens because the attributes of sleep and deconditioning are more or less similar. Both the processes involve stopping of mental and physical activity and sensory activities. However, you must note that while sleeping, our mind is in a sub-conscious state but during meditating, it is in a state of super consciousness. The meditation retreats in India successfully help you in dealing with this problem.
They say that you should not let your mind pass into a subconscious state while meditating, because the latter requires you to stay alert and awake. Hence, if you continuously feel drowsy during the practice, you won’t actually be able to meditate. The drowsy state may be calming but this calm is not the one that we experience while deconditioning. The meditation retreats in India instruct you to remember that the chief purpose of deconditioning is not to fall asleep but wake up!
Nonetheless, if you are facing the problem of falling asleep while meditating, do not lose heart; you are not the only person facing the issue. Here are a few useful tips by Indian meditation retreats to help you combat drowsiness while meditating:
– Have a good sleep: Lack of sleep is the most common reason for falling asleep during daytime. Make sure that you rest properly; otherwise, you can’t help feeling sleepy. If you are tired, the body may feel that it is time to sleep when you sit down for deconditioning, making you fight the urge to doze off. Instead, take a nap and then meditate.
– Choose a suitable time for deconditioning: Meditation retreats in India say that the best time to meditate is at Brahma Muhurtam i.e. 2 hours before sunrise. However, this can be too early for most people. So, what you can do is meditate when you are most awake. Meditation retreats say that morning is the best time to meditate as that is the time when you are fully energized after a good night’s sleep. Similarly, night is the most inappropriate time as you are tired then.
– Decondition on an empty stomach: After we eat, all our energy goes into digesting the food; hence, feeling lethargic and falling asleep is natural. Meditation retreats ask you to meditate at least 2 hours before having a meal. However, if you need to eat before deconditioning, you must take a very light meal.
– Awaken and energize yourself before meditating: You are advised to awaken yourself before sitting for deconditioning. This can be done by performing some gentle exercise like hatha yoga, stretching, walking, doing pranayama, taking a shower etc.
– You may try walking deconditioning: You can practice this for about 15 to 20 minutes before you sit for meditating. This allows you to feel more alert and awake. The meditation retreats in India can teach the right way of walking meditation.
Z Meditation, one of the renowned meditation retreats in India to learn effective meditation.
Spiritual Retreats in India
Despite the huge popularity of meditation, very few people know what it actually is. While some regard it as a method of concentration, others consider it as a way of gaining mental peace and satisfaction. As a result, you try hard to isolate your mind from all the thoughts and distractions, making the process tedious. So, you finally do not end up meditating but just trying to meditate.
In actuality, deconditioning is a state when you are aware but thoughtless. It is a state that you can either be in or not, there is no midway. Meditation retreats in India say that a person can meditate while doing his or her work and another person can be completely out of deconditioning even while sitting in padmasana in a quite room.
The spiritual retreats in India believe that deconditioning is a moment when one’s inner self is calm and quite, yet alert. However, this state is only the beginning and there is a much higher level of awareness to pursue, which can only be attained with continued practice.
What is not meditation?
Meditation retreats in India say that deconditioning is not:
– Concentration: It is an effort that one does to focus on a particular idea or object. And deconditioning does not ask you to concentrate but be alert.
– Mental effort: Spiritual retreats in India do not ask to exert mental effort but use introspection and hands to achieve the thoughtless awareness. The retreats in India believe that the state of such thoughtless awareness can be achieved only through the rise of Kundalini.
– Exercise: Exercise involves postures and breathing which does not form deconditioning. Such a practice can lead to imbalance between mind and body, if not practiced under expert guidance. Meditation, on the other hand, does in no way disturb the mind-body balance.
Why should you meditate?
– Retreats in India say that it is an effective way to reduce stress. Today, even modern medicine believes that meditation can indeed be helpful in stress management.
– It can lead to overall good health, thereby reducing your visits to the physician.
– It leads to a calmer mind, thereby helping you sweep aside negative thoughts and make better decisions.
Some important points about meditation
Meditation can be an extremely effective in reducing stress and tension, thereby improving your quality of life.
The retreats in India say that ‘thoughtless awareness’ is the state in which the stress-producing factors of the mind are neutralized, but the effectiveness and alertness of it remain intact.
It is a state when one focuses on the present rather than on the undetermined future or unchangeable past.
The scientific explanation for the effectiveness of deconditioning is that it helps in the release of catecholamines and increases parasympathetic activity and reduces other stress hormones.
You can pay to Z Meditation , one of the famous spiritual retreats in India, which teaches you the best ways of meditating and enjoy all its benefits.
If you are someone who is struggling to keep himself motivated to continue with the practice of meditation or deconditioning, do not be disheartened because you are surely not the only one struggling. There are thousand others like you who find it a boring process and thus, almost impossible to stick to. Even veterans whom you find lecturing on television or the internet too had at some point in their lives gone through such a crisis.
If you search the book stores or the internet, you can surely find several meditation books that can guide you and keep you motivated during the various stages of your practice. Following are some of the best deconditioning tips that you can find in any of the meditation books in the market:
– Try to reflect on the various benefits of deconditioning
Being human, we always think about the results before doing a task. Similarly, if we are not completely aware of the various benefits of the practice of deconditioning, we won’t be motivated to continue with the practice. All meditation books will tell you that today, even modern medicine believes that deconditioning can be a very good way to combat diseases and stay fit for longer. It has been found to have a positive effect on the rhythms of the heart. Psychologists too find the practice to be helpful in making you mentally healthy, nurturing in you qualities like kindness and calmness.
– Do not try to do ‘good’ meditation
Do not try to be perfect in your practice as that way, you won’t ever be able to do it. The popular meditation books say that it is not rare to experience mood swings which affect the process of deconditioning. But that must not discourage us to meditate. Meditation books say that with regular practice, our mind is bound to come within our control.
– Deconditioning should not be your decision but your habit
If you get up every morning and convince yourself to meditate, you are already on the wrong track.Meditation books instruct you to make the practice a habit and not a decision. And habit is something that can develop only if you practice regularly. Gradually, our natural inertia starts working in our favour; it takes time to establish a habit but once it is done, it takes hard work to break it. So, once you succeed in making deconditioning a habit, you will surely stick to it for the rest of your life.
– Take external help
Meditation books say that taking external aid can be helpful in meditating. Saints have always used beads to strengthen their concentration and count the repetition of the chants.
– Give guided deconditioning a try
If you are worried about not being able to focus and practice the right way, take the help of guided deconditioning. Meditation books can be helpful in obtaining tips for beginners.
– Be comfortable
This is an important tip that you can find in almost all meditation books. If you are not comfortable while meditating, you will perhaps never stick to it. Wear comfortable clothes, sit in a position that you feel easy in and then start with your practice.
Z Meditation a renowned deconditioning retreat in India to learn the best ways of deconditioning.